Saturday, October 22, 2016

Day 21 of My Exposure Therapy

Today is the 21st day of my exposure therapy.

What are the benefits and what have I gained.

I will update later today. Note: Not feeling good now!

Well, went for my walk, went to Shoprite and KFC.

Well, I feel more relaxed at Shoprite which means the exposure therapy has made me more socially confident. I also notice I am able to express myself naturally around people.

My biggest problem however is the bullying. It's really affecting me and I am fuelling it by replying these bullies. The hurtful words they hurl at me pains me greatly and it has to stop.

My psychologist said that what counts is not what people do to me but how I respond to it. I have to learn to ignore them.

The rational thing is to pound some sense into them. I can't do that because I am a Christian, a Jehovah's Witness. I mustn't even insult them back. I must show restraint under evil the bible commands.

My real challenge now is not so much my social anxiety but the paranoia I developed because of the bullying. I am going to overcome it!




No comments:

Post a Comment