Friday, October 14, 2016

Day 13 of My Exposure Therapy

Today, I went around 6:30pm for my long walk. It was without any incident. The most I did was to great an old time acquaintance quite confidently. Was a bit self conscious but I passed.

I also met someone living on my street and I was a bit confident even though I was on the street. I am becoming less self conscious and more self confident.

After the long walk, I took a walk to Allen Avenue, a popular commercial street in Ikeja, which happens to be the capital of Lagos. Went to a pharmacy along the street and bought Nytol, a natural sleeping herbal supplement.

From there, took a very long walk to the shopping mall and went to straight to MTN's shop, the mobile telephony giant to compalin about my line. They took a bit too long to attend to me and I was very uncomfortable. I found it very difficult to lift my head. This my eye contact problem. But again, I sense it's not an eye contact issue. I think the lady attendants noticed and were irritated. I have accepted this is the price I have to pay to get better and I am ready to pay it again and again.

After finishing there, I went to an open eatery where I satand got up after like 3 minutes when I started getting self conscious. The problem I have is that the bullying has affected me negatively making me see the typical person in the light of the bully. Like someone who may look down at me and think mean or say mean things to me.

As I write this, I am saying to myself, this isn't true. I must now learn to differentiate the two and put them apart.

I must also put this bullying issue behind me and the supressed anger within me.

From there, I left for Shoprite supermarket where I sauntered across for like 10 minutes. Today, I was not in the best of moods but I noticed some positive developments that I was more confident in a few moments. This I am grateful for.

I now departed Shoprite and entered a phone shop where there are usually lots of girls. Unfortunately, they were closing and there were not much lafies there so my purpose of being there was defeated..

I left the shop and went home.


No comments:

Post a Comment