Monday, October 17, 2016

Day 16 of My Exposure Therapy

I notice something remarkable today. It's as though I am gradually beginning not to dread going back to places I suffered a panic attack. This is a milestone.

For anyone with an anxiety disorder, this is the primary reason for avoidance. Avoidance and anxiety can not be divorced.

I saw a neighbour today outside who practices estate agency on the side and he introduced a 2 bedroom flat to me to market.

What I found intriguing was that I was quite confident talking to him even though I was outside. I am getting better and better. I must not give up.

I went for the long walk.around 6pm. I met a friend and an estate colleague in the early part of the walk. I am getting better talking in public even though the recent harassment has put me on edge. I am still a bit self conscious

I walked down the street and I walked back to my home  which I found a bit stressful. By the time I got home, I felt there was almost no need going for to the mall and KFC..

However, I had a short nap of about 10 minutes and this refreshed me. I immediately got up and went to the mall. I first went to a telecoms company to get my line back. I observed there were loads of people waiting. I was told by the security guard that there were even people seated outside waiting for their turn. I thought I could be patient but felt it's best I come back the next day.

Left the shop and head straight for Shoprite. Decided today to buy something which were noodles. Spent about 10 minutes there at Shoprite.

From there, went to KFC which was almost empty. I initially sat down backing the diners but later took a seat facing people. I noticed I wasn't so self-conscious. I had my head down all the time looking at my phone. I need to raise my head up and explore the surroundings. Anyway, I have improved massively from where I started from.

Left Shoprite and headed home where I prepared some sumptuous noodles and ate it with 2 boiled eggs.


No comments:

Post a Comment