Friday, September 30, 2016

MY SOCIAL ANXIETY IS MAKING THE CHAIRMAN ANXIOUS


Yesterday, when the chairman of the company came in, I froze (mini panic attack) and he noticed. He was visibly shaken by it and this saddened me. I hate making people feel uncomfortable.

Today again as I was about entering the office, I again froze but it seemed much lighter this time. He greeted me with some reservations. He is really nice fellow and quite free.

One of my most pressing problems is making eye contact. I find it torturous many times.

I wonder why I avoid eye contact? Is it that I don’t wan’t people to notice hopw inadequate I am? Is that I don’t want people to know how shy I can be or am.


I may have to open up to him about my battle with anxiety and the treatment I am presently going through.

No comments:

Post a Comment